This family favourite is almost guaranteed to bring on smiles across the table. The fact that it's easy to make is a definite plus. Let's get going !
Here's a quick summary video:
250 gm Minced Pork or Chicken
2 Medium Yellow Onions
Japanese Curry Paste
1) Fry chopped Onions till brown and fragrant. Add salt and pepper to taste as you are frying
2) Add seasoned (Salt & Pepper) Minced Pork or Chicken
Fry on high heat till brown on the edges. Doesn't have to be fully cooked yet because you will be simmering in the Curry Sauce later.
3) Add a cube or two of Japanese Curry. or the Raedy to Serve Curry Sauce (Daiso has them or most Supermarkets as well).
If using the Cubed Curry pieces, add a few tablespoons of water and fry till Japanese Curry cubes are melted.
Mixture should be thick.
4) Boil, Peel and Mash Potatoes. Remember to salt the water.
5) Add mashed potato to meat mixture and stir to combine well.
6) Coat to Fry
Roll potato mix into balls
Coat in Plain Flour and dust off excess.
Coat with beaten eggs
Finally, coat with panko. Lightly press into the crumbs.
With heat on medium to high, fry cutlets till golden brown.